For Episode 108, we wanted to help dads with getting in shape and being healthy. We brought in Fitness Professional Max Wettstein to discuss some tips on how to stay in shape, eat well, and overall live a healthy lifestyle. Here are some accomplishments of Max:
– Max is an airline pilot & Captain at JetBlue Airways.
– He is a Fitness Professional – He’s been on the cover of Men’s Health magazine & other fitness mags over 25 times,
– He’s been a consultant to a major supplement company (Nature’s Sunshine)
– He’s a Personal Trainer
– He’s published a book on the holistic-approach to fat-loss
– He’s a staff-writer on fitness for several magazines
– He’s a YouTuber & fitness-blogger.
– However the most important thing that qualifies him to talk about this topic: he is the father of 2 amazing girls: age 5 and 13.
– He’s also a full time coach to his oldest daughter, who is a professional skateboarder at age 13.
Probably the single biggest obstacle for people being healthy or getting in shape is excuses. However if you are not unhappy about your weight, how you look, or how you feel, and your not complaining, then you win. This episode may not be valuable to you.
However, if you want to be and look healthier, feel better, maybe want to lose a few pounds, and/or want your kids to learn about healthy choices, then stay with us.
There are tons of good excuses people have on why they aren’t as healthy as they should be or carrying a little extra weight. We went over these excuses with Max and got his take on them:
1. Not enough time/too busy – Playing with kids can be exercise. You workout along side your kids.