25 Things You Should Never Say To Your Kids
We all try to be the best parents we can be. Sometimes we slip and say the wrong things. When we get mad or upset, there is even more likelihood that we will say something we shouldn’t. While we don’t always have bad intentions, our words we say to our kids can have long term, devastating effects. This list was compiled as a fun exercise for our podcast. We really do need to be mindful of the words that come out of our mouth. Some of these are horrible while others are just not appropriate. In most cases, the words should have never have left our mouth. If you want to hear more detail about these, listen to our Dudes To Dads Episode 21 which covers this list and our 27 Things New Dads Should Never Say To New Moms.
Here are: 25 Things You Should Never Say To Your Kids:
1. I hope someday you end up with a kid just like you.
2. Your mom/dad is an idiot.
3. You’re the _____ one, and your sibling is the ______ one.
4. Shut up!>
5. Why can’t you be more like your brother/sister?
6. Stop crying or I’ll give you something to cry about!
7. Why can’t you do anything right?
8. There’s no reason to be scared. Just do it
9. That’s what you get for not listening
10. You’re a bad girl/boy!
11. I hate my body
12. I was bad at math too. You take after me!
13. Just let me do it for you
14. You look so much better when you…
15. Children should be seen not heard
16. Is that the best you can do?
17. The police are going to come and get you if you do that
18. Wait until your _____ gets home
19. Go ask your _____
20. Because I said so
21. When I was your age
22. The man is going to get you if you do that
23. If you do that, you will die
24. Can’t you see I’m busy
25. I brought you into this world, I can take you out
Please feel free to comment below or contact us if you have additional input.