Episode 71 highlights some topics you definitely should talk about with your partner before you have a baby. Prior to getting into the details, we talk about Jason son’s birthday party and the awesome Michael Jackson impersonator that entertained everyone. There was an An Article on parents.com that lists 10 things you should discuss prior to having the baby:
1. Is Now the Right Time? It’s never a perfect time. Dr. Alan Singer wrote “Creating Your Perfect Family Size” and has a 92 question test to evaluate yourself.
2. The division of baby duties – Baths, bedtime stories, diaper changing, feedings, etc.
3. Should You Co-Sleep? SIDS, Academy of Pediatrics says no. you have to decide what is right for you. Sharing your room?
4. Circumcision if a boy? – They say it’s on a decline. Religious or cultural reasons. Or if dad has it, you want him to look like dad.
5. Should you bank you baby’s cord blood? Collecting stem cells
6. Will You Teach Your Child a Certain Religion?
7. Cloth Diapers or Disposables – $1500 – $2,000 on disposables per year, $300-$800 for cloth
8. Who will care for your child? – Nanny, Babysitters, daycare, Family
9. Will you breastfeed? or Formula? – Great, promotes bonding, provides nutrients, and much lower costs
10. Type of Discipline – Spanking, positive re-inforcement