Monkey See, Monkey do. In episode 120 our friend Alan joing Jason & Alan for another episode. With many of the things we talk about here, we start with us leading by example. I thought we would bring a list together of 7 things we can do to positively influence our child.
1. Be Polite – They hear you saying please and thank you. They also hear how you talk to them. How you treat wait staff, employees, etc.
2. Help Others – Let them see you helping other family members, friends, and the community. Involve your kids in the process if you can.
3. Celebrate diversity – People are all different and that is a wonderful thing. Allow them to appreciate that everyone is different and that is what makes the world great. Take interest in other cultures. Have friends from different backgrounds.
4. Be responsible with money – they see how we spend and our attitudes about money
5. Express Emotion – Emotions are not good or bad, they just are. It’s ok for your kids to see
6. Work Hard – If you want something, you need to work for it. Hard work pays off
7. Enjoy life – It doesn’t matter what your passion is or what you enjoy, give yourself time to do it. It needs to balance with your desire. This can mean go on vacations, do things that bring joy into your life.
8. Take Care of Yourself – This means mind, body, and spirit. Practicing mindfullness like meditation and/or yoga as well as creating healthy eating habits.
Some of these may seem obvious, but sometimes the obvious things are the things we miss because we take them for granted.